Jean has worked as a legal administrative assistant and paralegal with Lawson Lundell LLP in Yellowknife for 5 years. She completed her legal administrative training through Capilano University and has a Marketing certificate from Concordia University. She has experience assisting with child protection, adoption, guardianship applications and drafting wills.
Jean’s responsibilities include:
- Drafting pleadings including originating notices, various motions, and final orders;
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence for lawyers. Has also assisted in developing templates for pleadings and letters that are commonly used;
- Maintains and organizes clients files, which includes paper and electronic files;
- Communicates regularly with opposing counsel and clients, and is often the point of first contact for child protection workers regarding filing of court documents and service of documents; and
- Mainly assists lawyers in the areas of Child Welfare, Labour and Employment, Wills and Estates and Litigation.