Suzanne J. Woolley
- P: 604.631.9280
- F: 604.694.2926
- Yang Siow
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5418
Suzanne has a general corporate and commercial practice. She provides ongoing legal advice to mainly private sector clients in a broad variety of industries, including hospitality, pulp and paper, forestry, mining, construction materials, aerospace, health professions and retail.
She regularly drafts, reviews and advises on contracts relating to business matters and operations. These include agreements for supply and distribution, services, contractors, licensing, leasing, transportation, confidentiality and non-disclosure, non-compete/non-solicitation and unique commercial arrangements. Suzanne also has experience in major project work, including engineering, procurement and construction matters.
Her practice involves a variety of transactions, with a focus on share and asset sales and acquisitions. Suzanne’s participation in these transactions includes coordination and completion of due diligence, preparation and negotiation of definitive purchase and sale agreements, and drafting of other associated documents such as expressions of interest and letters of intent.
Suzanne also handles the incorporation of companies, including professional medical corporations, works on corporate restructurings and reorganizations such as amalgamations, wind-ups and restorations, and drafts and reviews corporate documents such as shareholder and partnership agreements.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- British Columbia (2006)
- University of British Columbia (B.Sc. (Honours), 2002)
- University of British Columbia (LL.B., 2005)
- Assisted a mining company with the preparation of a comprehensive set of standard form engineering, procurement, and construction documents for use in their Canadian operations
- Assisted a mining company with the preparation of a set of standard form procurement documents including service agreements, purchase order terms and conditions, and equipment lease agreements for use in connection with a gold mine in Nunavut
- Assisted a pulp and paper company in the completion of its debt restructuring
- Acted for a client in the restaurant industry in connection with a variety of business acquisitions
- Advised numerous businesses, including property management, shipping, resort lodge, ready-mix concrete and forestry companies, regarding share and asset sales
- Provided ongoing advice to a client in the pulp and paper industry regarding procurement matters