Maxwell P. Carroll*
- P: 604.631.9138
- F: 604.641.4405
- Emily Cheadle
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5453
* Law Corporation
Maxwell is a partner in the Real Estate Group at Lawson Lundell and advises clients on all aspects of the commercial real estate and development industry, including the acquisition, disposition, financing, rezoning, subdivision, development, redevelopment and leasing of real property. Maxwell’s specific experience includes:
- Assisting various developers in connection with residential, retail and mixed-use projects, including due diligence, site acquisition, development, financing, preparation of Real Estate Development Marketing Act disclosure statements, presale purchase agreements and related documentation and strata titling of developments, including projects using air-space subdivision and geothermal utility systems.
- Assisting clients with the acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial investment properties.
- Representing various institutional and privately held landlords in connection with the preparation and negotiation of leases for regional shopping centres, office tower complexes and industrial portfolios.
- Advising clients in a variety of general corporate and commercial matters, including the acquisition of businesses, preparation and negotiation of shareholder's agreements and limited partnership agreements.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canada Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection, Executive Committee Member (Co-Chair)
- Urban Development Institute, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- British Columbia Due Diligence Deskbook, Contributing Author
- British Columbia (2010)
- University of Alberta (B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering), 2005)
- University of Alberta (LL.B., 2009)
Maxwell has a personal interest in sustainable architecture and community development and during law school worked as a contractor on several green developments in the greater Edmonton area. His spare time is spent exploring the natural beauty surrounding Vancouver and the cultural diversity within its boundaries.