Maxwell P. Carroll*
- P: 604.631.9138
- F: 604.641.4405
- Emily Cheadle
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5453
* Law Corporation
Maxwell works in the Real Estate Group at Lawson Lundell and assists clients with general corporate commercial matters and all aspects of real estate development, commercial leasing and municipal planning. Before returning to the law, he studied engineering and obtained his electrical engineering degree from the University of Alberta.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canada Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection, Executive Committee Member (Co-Chair)
- Urban Development Institute, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- British Columbia Due Diligence Deskbook, Contributing Author
- British Columbia (2010)
- University of Alberta (B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering), 2005)
- University of Alberta (LL.B., 2009)
Maxwell has a personal interest in sustainable architecture and community development and during law school worked as a contractor on several green developments in the greater Edmonton area. His spare time is spent exploring the natural beauty surrounding Vancouver and the cultural diversity within its boundaries.
Maxwell has experience:
- Assisting clients withresidential, retail and mixed-use projects, including due diligence, siteacquisition, financing, preparation of Real Estate Development Marketing Act("REDMA") disclosure statements, presale purchase agreements andrelated documentation.
- Preparing and negotiating income generating license agreements to permit theinstallation of national telecommunication providers’ rooftop antenna arrays onour client’s property.
- Assisting developers with the acquisition and disposition of commercial andindustrial properties.
- Representing tenants and landlords in retail, industrial and office leasingtransactions including premises due diligence and drafting and negotiatinglease agreements.
- Advising clients in a variety of general corporate and commercial matters,including the acquisition of businesses, preparation and negotiation ofshareholder's agreements and limited partnership agreements.
Review of REDMA pre-sale documentation on behalf of construction lenders toensure compliance with requirements set out by the Superintendent of RealEstate of British Columbia.