Malinda A. Kellett
- P: 867.669.5523
- F: 867.920.2206
- Hilda Weaver
- Legal Assistant
- P: 867.669.5501
Malinda has a general corporate and commercial law practice. She provides ongoing legal advice to a variety of clients relating to corporate governance and organization, financing, asset and share sales and acquisitions, as well as the acquisition, subdivision and disposition of real property. On the financing side, she has experience in acting for both financial institutions and corporate clients in transactions involving operating and term credit facilities, guarantees, project finance, letters of credit, and security on both real and personal property.
Malinda also practices mining law, providing advice on acquisitions and dispositions of mines and mining companies in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. She represents clients with respect to the permitting and regulatory aspects of exploration, development, operation and closure of mining projects.
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
- Northwest Territories Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Canadian Bar Association Northwest Territories, Executive Committee Member
- City of Yellowknife Audit Committee, Legal Chair
- Alberta (2007)
- Northwest Territories (2008)
- Nunavut (2009)
- University of Western Ontario (B.A. (honours), 2003)
- University of Western Ontario (LL.B., 2006)
Malinda has experience:
- Completing share and asset sales and acquisitions, including performing initial due diligence, drafting purchase and sale agreements and other associated documents, and managing the closing process.
- Drafting, reviewing or advising on contracts relating to business or operational matters, including agreements for services, licensing, franchising, confidentiality, non-compete /non-solicitation, and other unique business arrangements.
- Providing advice with respect to the organization of various corporate entities, and preparing and reviewing related shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements.
- Working with financial, tax and other advisors to implement financing, corporate reorganizations, and other corporate strategies and proceedings.
- Negotiating and documenting security for mining projects in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Representing lending clients in all manner of corporate, commercial and real estate financing transactions.