Jessica E. Forman
- P: 604.631.9219
- F: 604.641.4418
- Fiona Lane
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5316
Jessica’s practice encompasses a broad range of commercial disputes, including environmental contamination cases, legal malpractice, breaches of contract, personal injury and construction disputes.
Jessica practiced for six years at a large firm in Los Angeles, California where she appeared on behalf of clients in Federal District Court as well as California State Court. Jessica has participated in mediations and arbitrations on behalf of clients and has argued numerous applications in British Columbia Supreme Court and Provincial Court.
Prior to working as a lawyer, Jessica worked as a legislative assistant to a Congresswoman in Washington D.C. where she helped draft Federal legislation and assisted local residents with obtaining government benefits.
Recognition and Ranking
- Howrey Pro Bono Associate of the Year (2003)
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services Certificate of Recognition for Pro Bono Work (2005, 2006), Los Angeles, California
- Participate in Access Pro Bono clinics and advise clients through this pro bono program.
- British Columbia (2012)
- California (2002)
- Emory University (B.A. 1997)
- University of Southern California (J.D. 2002)
- Represents a corporation in a dispute over the proper interpretation of a Pension Plan and Trust Agreements. Prepared a Petition and appeared in Court on behalf of corporation.
- Represents a large retailer in defending against injuries suffered by individuals while on the premises. Take and defend discovery examinations, draft correspondence and pleadings and appear in both Small Claims and Supreme Court on these matters.
- Represents Chevron Canada Limited in contaminated site claims under the Environmental Management Act
- Represents a large real estate company in commercial disputes with franchisees
- Represents international retail company in a dispute with an employee over trade secrets; prepared and was successful in obtaining a Mareva injunction against ex-employee
- Represents large development and construction company in various contractual and other construction disputes
- Represents mortgage company in dispute over terms of mortgage