- P: 867.669.5535
- F: 867.920.2206
- Jean Mahlangu
- Legal Assistant
- P: 867.669.5515
Glen practices in the areas of employment, litigation and administrative law. Glen represents individuals, corporations, municipalities and governments in a variety of sectors in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, including construction, mining, and resource development.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, Glen worked as a Staff Lawyer at Legal Aid, and as Legal Counsel for the Northwest Territories Department of Justice. In these roles, he has appeared in the Territorial and Supreme Courts of the Northwest Territories, on matters dealing with administrative law, human rights, labour relations, and judicial reviews of administrative decisions. Glen also clerked with the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal and articled with the Government of the Northwest Territories and Lawson Lundell.
Glen has over a decade of experience with the Government of the Northwest Territories, and during that time, has served as a Policy Advisor and as Director of Policy and Planning with the Department of Justice. In these roles, Glen has worked on numerous legislative initiatives and has been intimately involved with the development of legislation within the government from the ground up. His experience in this area includes issue identification for legislation, research and development of government policy, drafting and review of legislative proposals, instruction for legislative drafters and review of draft bills for consistency with policy objectives.
Glen also conducts workplace investigations for employers when allegations of harassment or discrimination are made.
Recognition and Ranking
- 2018 Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized for Administrative and Public law and Municipal law
- Chambers Canada 2017: recognized in the General Business Law: Canadian North and Arctic (Canada) category
- Law Society of the Northwest Territories, President
- Law Society of Nunavut, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Northwest Territories branch, President (2012-2013)
- Yellowknife Racquet Club, Member
- St. John Ambulance NWT/NU Chapter, Chair
- St. John Ambulance Canada, Member, Priory Executive Committee
- Nunavut (2013)
- Northwest Territories (2010)
- Saskatchewan (2010)
- University of Saskatchewan (LL.B., with great distinction, 2009)
- Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology (Cert. in Public Relations, 1996)
- University of Waterloo (B.A., Pol. Sc., 1995)
- Avid kayaker and outdoor enthusiast.
- (August 22, 2017)
- “Book Note on Likosky, Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights”, 71 Sask. L. Rev. 429
- “Furtile or Fruitful: The Charter and the Decision to Withhold or Withdraw Life-Sustaining Treatment”, 17 Health L. J. 81 (2009)