Euan F. Sinclair
- P: 604.631.9124
- C: 604.669.1620
- Ellen Cheng
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.631.9292
Euan is an Associate/Director of Knowledge Management in Lawson Lundell's Technology Practice Group where his practice centres on the intersection between law, business and technology. He regularly advises on technology, licensing, outsourcing, software-as-a-service contracts and information privacy.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, he practised law in the UK for fifteen years, mainly as in-house counsel to a UK Clearing Bank, the UK government, and local government, as well as in private practice.
Euan is dedicated to continuous learning and improvement and was awarded a MBA in 1998, and a Masters of Law specializing in IT law in 2004. He is currently working a part-time Masters of Law specializing in Canadian Business Law at Osgoode Hall.
As well as being an associate, Euan is the firm's Director of Knowledge Management, where he is responsible for executing the firm's Knowledge Management strategy to optimize the firm's operational efficiency.
- CBA Business Law Section, Executive Committee Member and Business Law Legislative Liason with CBA BC Branch
- British Columbia (2014)
- England & Wales
- The University of Dundee (LL.B., Post-graduate diploma in Legal Practice, 1993)
- The University of Edinburgh (MBA, 1998) (Part-time)
- University of Strathclyde (LLM, IT and Telecommunications Law, 2004) (Part-time)
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (LLM, Business Law candidate) (Part-time)
- Working proficiency in:
Sailing, taekwondo, and tinkering with technology. Euan has three children and is the cub leader (Akela) on Bowen Island.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Advised Postmedia Network Inc., in relation to a strategic Marketing Collaboration Agreement with Mogo Finance Technology Inc. with a minimum value of $50,000,000 over a three year period. The Agreement is the first of its kind and includes an innovative structure which aligns the interests of both companies.
- Advising on licence of Academy Award-winning VFX software to a major motion picture studio
- Advising innovative crypto-currency platform on crowdfunding overseas and associated Canadian compliance and corporate issues
- Advising a start-up company on commercialization of research technology with a TSX listed corporation
- Advising on API developer terms and conditions for a geospatial data platform
- Advising on SAAS licensing for a customization of a travel industry platform
- Advising clients on deploying cloud services
- Advising on information privacy and legal advice privilege for a law firm client
- BarTalk(December 1, 2015),Author
- (September 17, 2015)
- (July 9, 2015),Co-author
- "Going Beyond the LSBC's Cloud Checklist", Pacific Legal Technology Conference(October 2, 2015),Co-speaker
- "The Strategic Reinvention of the Law Firm: People, Processes, Technology and Change", Pacific Legal Technology Conference(October 2, 2015),Co-speaker
- "Sharing Documents Securely with Clients, Lawyers and Others", Pacific Legal Technology Conference(October 2, 2015),Co-speaker
- European Union Law,CLE-TV(September 16 and 23, 2015),Speaker
- IT Best Practices for Lawyers,CLE-TV(June 10, 2015),Speaker
- Towards a Paperless Future,Small Firm and Solo Conference, CLE BC and CBA BC(October 24, 2014)
- "Applying Knowledge Management for Lawyers: Precedents", a CBA Webinar(October 29, 2013),Speaker