- P: 403.218.7521
- F: 403.269.9494
- Alicia Cundal
- Legal Assistant
- P: 403.218.7530
Duncan works with senior legal counsel to advise plan sponsors and administrators on legal matters regarding pension and benefits plans, including plan administration, design, governance, regulation and investment. He interprets and amends plan texts and trust documents, and prepares legal opinions, plan-related contracts, disclosure and governance materials.
Duncan started with Lawson Lundell as a summer student in 2013 and joined the firm as an associate following the completion of his articles in 2014.
During law school Duncan completed a master’s degree in economics, worked as a research assistant for professors and worked in the legal department of an insurance company.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member (admitted 2014)
- Canadian Bar Association: Alberta South Pension & Employee Benefits Law Section, Member
- International Pension & Employee Benefits Lawyers Association, Member
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, Member
- Canadian Pension & Benefits Institute, Member
- Calgary Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Alberta, Member (admitted 2015)
- British Columbia (2014)
- Alberta (2015)
- University of Victoria (B.Sc., 2010)
- Queen's University (M.A., 2011)
- Queen's University (J.D., 2013)
Squash, Cooking, Cycling, Traveling, Scuba diving, Skiing, Outdoor recreation