David W. Gibbons
- P: 604.631.9118
- F: 604.669.1620
- Tamera Scheer
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5361
David is a general litigator with particular experience in civil and commercial litigation, privacy law and judgement enforcement. He has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as various administrative tribunals. David has also represented clients in both domestic and international arbitral proceedings.
David advises and represents clients on a broad range of matters including commercial disputes, civil fraud, shareholders’ disputes and oppression remedies, foreign and domestic judgment enforcement, as well as both property and construction disputes. David also advises clients on a variety of privacy law matters, including information collection, use and disclosure practices, freedom of information requests, and civil privacy actions.
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Law Courts Inn, Member
- British Columbia Annual Practice, Researcher
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Western Front, a Vancouver artist-run centre for contemporary art and music.
- British Columbia (2012)
- University of Saskatchewan (J.D., 2011)
- University of British Columbia (B.A., 2006)
- Video Surveillance and Individual Privacy Rights: BC Privacy Commissioner Issues First Ever Audit and Compliance Report(December 13, 2016),Author
- "Going To California: Court of Appeal Rules Forum Selection Clause Overrides Certification of B.C.'s Privacy Act Claims",Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada,Vol. 16. No. 5. pp. 38-40(September 2015),Co - Author
- "Canada's B.C. Court of Appeal Rules Facebook's Forum Selection Clause Overrides Certification of B.C.'s Privacy Act Claims,Bloomberg BNA World Data Protection Report.,Vol 15. No. 7 pp. 9-10(July 2015),Co- Author
- "Canada's British Columbia Supreme Court Rules B.C. Privacy Act Trumps Facebook's Jurisdiction Selection Clause",Bloomberg BNA World Data Protection Report,Vol. 14 No. 6. pp. 18 - 19(June 2014),Co - Author
- "Re Schindler Elevator Corporation: BC Privacy Commissioner Finds Engine Monitoring Technology Reasonable",Canadian Privacy Law Review,Vol 10. No. 5. pp. 41-48(April 2013),Co - Author
- "BC Privacy Commissioner Finds Finds GPS Monitoring Reasonable",Bloomberg BNA World Data Protection Report,Vol. 13. No. 4 pp. 27-28(April 2013),Co - Author
- "Hu Says that a Stinchcombe Criminal Disclosure Standard Applies",Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia. Securities Litigation 2012 Seminar Materials(December 2012),Co - Author