David is a commercial litigator with particular experience in complex commercial and privacy law matters. He advises and represents clients in a variety of areas, including contract and tort disputes, shareholders' disputes and oppression remedies, civil fraud, property disputes, as well as foreign and domestic judgment enforcement. David also regularly advises clients on privacy law matters, including privacy breaches, information collection, use and disclosure practices, freedom of information requests, and civil privacy actions.
David has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, as well as various administrative tribunals. David also represents clients in both domestic and international arbitral proceedings.
- British Columbia Annual Practice, Researcher
- CBA-BC Freedom of Information & Privacy Law - Executive
- CBA-BC Civil Litigation - Vancouver,Former Executive
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Law Courts Inn, Member
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Western Front, a Vancouver artist-run centre for contemporary art and music.
- British Columbia (2012)
- University of Saskatchewan (J.D., 2011)
- University of British Columbia (B.A., 2006)
- (June 12, 2017),Author
- Video Surveillance and Individual Privacy Rights: BC Privacy Commissioner Issues First Ever Audit and Compliance Report(December 13, 2016),Author
- "Going To California: Court of Appeal Rules Forum Selection Clause Overrides Certification of B.C.'s Privacy Act Claims",Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada,Vol. 16. No. 5. pp. 38-40(September 2015),Co - Author
- "Canada's B.C. Court of Appeal Rules Facebook's Forum Selection Clause Overrides Certification of B.C.'s Privacy Act Claims,Bloomberg BNA World Data Protection Report.,Vol 15. No. 7 pp. 9-10(July 2015),Co- Author
- "Canada's British Columbia Supreme Court Rules B.C. Privacy Act Trumps Facebook's Jurisdiction Selection Clause",Bloomberg BNA World Data Protection Report,Vol. 14 No. 6. pp. 18 - 19(June 2014),Co - Author
- "Re Schindler Elevator Corporation: BC Privacy Commissioner Finds Engine Monitoring Technology Reasonable",Canadian Privacy Law Review,Vol 10. No. 5. pp. 41-48(April 2013),Co - Author
- "BC Privacy Commissioner Finds GPS Monitoring Reasonable",Bloomberg BNA World Data Protection Report,Vol. 13. No. 4 pp. 27-28(April 2013),Co - Author
- "Hu Says that a Stinchcombe Criminal Disclosure Standard Applies",Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia. Securities Litigation 2012 Seminar Materials(December 2012),Co - Author