- P: 403.218.7536
- Serene Hawkins
- Legal Assistant
- P: 403.218.7518
Daphne practices civil litigation and dispute resolution, with a focus on regulatory law matters. She has assisted on applications before various regulators and has appeared before the Alberta Provincial Court and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench.
In her civil litigation practice, Daphne has a broad range of experience including commercial disputes, real estate issues and construction disputes. She also assists the Insolvency and Restructuring group in relation to foreclosures in Alberta.
In her regulatory practice, Daphne has experience navigating regulatory processes for various industries, assisting on issues pertaining to aboriginal consultation, environmental compliance, and recovery actions for contaminated sites in obtaining approvals for different energy projects.
During law school, Daphne participated in Pro Bono Students Canada and the Kwaskimhon Moot. She also held the following leadership positions: President of the Society of Law Students, Co-Chair of the Environmental Law Society and Editor-in-Chief of the Alberta Law Review.
Prior to joining the firm as an articled student in 2015, Daphne was a summer student at the Alberta Utilities Commission, held a legal internship with the UNESCO Research Chair at the Technische Universität Dresden and worked as a legal trainee with an International law firm.
Recognition and Ranking
- Norton Rose Fullbright Energy Internship, 2014
- Sheldon Chumir Foundation for Ethics in Leadership Scholarship, 2013
- Shell Experiential Energy Learning Award, 2013
- National Society of High School Scholars, SAS Program Scholarship, 2010
- David W. Strangway Award for Excellence, 2008
- Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- Calgary Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Project Law Blog, Contributor
- Kawaskimhon Moot 2017 planning committee
- Alberta (2016)
- Mount Allison University (B.A. (First Class Honours with Distinction), 2012)
- University of Calgary (J.D., 2015)