- P: 604.631.9127
- F: 604.669.1620
- Chris Robertson
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5304
Chat has a broad, transactional-based practice involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with particular focus on public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance and corporate finance. Chat advises clients on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including public and private acquisitions and divestitures, raising capital, corporate reorganizations and private equity transactions. In addition to transactional work, Chat also assists companies with their corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations and advises on general corporate law.
Always abreast of the latest developments in his areas of practice, Chat has authored numerous client briefings and articles for legal publications.
Chat was called to the Ontario bar in 2008 and to the British Columbia bar in 2016. Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, Chat was an equity partner of a premier Canadian law firm based in Toronto.
- Bikes Without Borders, Board Member (2010 - 2015)
- British Columbia (2016)
- Ontario (2008)
- University of Toronto (J.D., 2007)
- Middlebury College (B.A., 2000, Magna cum laude)
- Cycling, skiing and various outdoor pursuits
- Guitar and mandolin
- Acted as BC agent counsel on two cross-border multi-billion dollar going-private transactions involving publicly listed corporations.
- Represented a major institutional investor on a $750 million exempt distribution of rated notes.
- Advised a client selling a business to a TSX-listed SPAC on M&A and securities law matters.
- Acted for U.S. and Canadian buyers on a number of private acquisitions, both financial and strategic.