Brenda M. Lightbody
- P: 604.631.9165
- F: 604.669.1620
- Alison McBride
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5357
Brenda is a member of the firm’s Banking & Debt Financing and Insolvency & Restructuring Groups.
She has extensive experience in acting for lenders, including banks, life insurance companies, credit unions, mortgage Investment corporations, and other private lenders in a variety of commercial and residential loan transactions that involve loans and security of all types. Brenda also acts for borrowers on commercial and residential loan transactions. Her experience includes acting for developers on real estate development matters. Brenda also advises on restructuring and realizations.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association (BC) Subsections - Real Property and Banking Law Member, Urban Development Institute, Member
- Urban Development Association, Pacific Region, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Mortgage Investment Association of British Columbia, Director
- Pro Arte Dance School, North Vancouver, Volunteer
- British Columbia (1997)
- Simon Fraser University (B.A., 1989)
- University of Victoria (LL.B, 1995)
- University of Victoria (Masters of Public Administration, 1995)
Brenda enjoys running, cycling, gardening and all types of outdoor activities.
Brenda’s commercial lending practice includes negotiating commitment letters, comprehensive land title reviews, comprehensive lease reviews, preparing security documents including land and personal property security, negotiating priority and standstill agreements with other lenders and non-disturbance and attornment agreements with tenants.
Brenda regularly contributes to the Mortgage Investment Association of British Columbia Annual Legal Reports.