Angela D. Austman
- P: 604.631.9135
- F: 604.669.1620
- Christina Bartos
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.408.5323
With 14 years of expertise in corporate finance and securities law, Angela is sought out for her ability to efficiently manage complex, time-sensitive transactions and provide pragmatic advice to executives and boards on compliance, governance and risk management issues.
As an experienced securities lawyer, Angela advises domestic and international companies across industries in connection with strategic M&A, stock exchange listings, compliance, joint ventures, financings, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
A member of our Private Equity practice group, Angela advises both fund sponsors and institutional investors in connection with private equity fund formations, secondaries, fund investments, buyouts and mezzanine financings.
She also advises on formation, organization and ongoing operations of retail mutual funds, hedge funds, pooled funds and other investment funds across all asset classes.
Angela routinely assists clients in obtaining investment fund manager, portfolio manager and exempt market dealer registration and advises registrants on a wide range of securities registration matters, including exemption applications, regulatory compliance examinations and compliance policies and procedures.
- 2016 Arts Umbrella Invitational to Benefit The Children's Arts Umbrella Foundation, Co-Chair
- 2016 ACG British Columbia Dealmakers of the Year Awards, Selection Committee, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Securities Law Section, Member
- Canadian Women in Private Equity & Venture Capital, Vancouver (CWPE), Member
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, Member
- Private Capital Markets Association of Canada, Member
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada, Member
- British Columbia (2002)
- Northwest Territories (2016)
- Nunavut (2016)
- Yukon (2016)
- University of British Columbia, LL.B. (2001)
- Simon Fraser University, B.A. (1999)
Selected experience includes:
- Represented a consortium of Canadian private sector pension plans in a $175 million secondary market purchase of a portfolio of P3 infrastructure contracts.
- In the past twelve months, assisted institutional investors in negotiating over $1.3 Billion in commitments to several private equity funds, including:
- BlueBay Direct Lending Fund II SLP
- Crestline Specialty Lending L.P.
- NB Private Debt Fund II LP
- Greystone Real Estate Fund
- Diversified Core Strategies Fund
- Global Infrastructure Partners III L.P.
- WF Fund V Limited Partnership
- DRC European Real Estate Debt Fund III
- Brookfield Infrastructure Fund III
- Brookfield Real Estate Fund V
- Axium Infrastructure Canada II Limited Partnership
- Private Equity Strategic Opportunities Fund III
- Represented an international mining company in connection with the take-private acquisition of a TSX listed gold producer.
- Represented a Canadian investment dealer in connection with the formation of a hedge fund.
- Represented an oil and gas exploration company in the formation of an investment fund and related financing by way of offering memorandum.
- Represented Bernie Rokstad and Aaron Rokstad in connection with Carillion plc's acquisition of a 60% interest in Rokstad Power Corporation.
- Represented Silver Predator Corp. in connection with its acquisition of Springer Mining Company, owner of the Springer Tungsten Mine and Mill in Nevada, from Americas Bullion Royalty Corp.
- Represented Golden Predator Mining Corp. in connection with its acquisition of Redtail Metals Corp. pursuant to a statutory plan of arrangement and its concurrent acquisition of a 100% interest in the Brewery Creek Project, a past producing heap leach gold mining operation located in the Yukon.
- Advising institutional and pension fund investors in connection with numerous private equity and alternative investments across various asset classes.
- Advising on formation, organization and ongoing operations of retail mutual funds, hedge funds, pooled funds and other investment funds.
- Advising dealers, advisers, and investment fund managers with respect to registration and on-going securities regulatory and compliance matters.
- Angela Austman quoted in The Vancouver Sun article, "Economic downturn hits B.C. mining exploration hard",The Vancouver Sun(January 22, 2016),Interview
- Angela Austman quoted in The Vancouver Sun article, "Lawyers, accountants feel pinch from downturn in mining exploration",The Vancouver Sun(January 22, 2016),Interview
- (February 4, 2015)