- P: 604.631.9105
- F: 604.669.1620
- Amanda Florek
- Legal Assistant
- P: 604.631.9123
Amaan is an associate in Lawson Lundell’s Business Law Group. His practice focuses on private company transactions and includes asset and share acquisitions and dispositions, corporate reorganizations, commercial lending and financing and general corporate and commercial law such as business entity formations, amalgamations and the drafting of various commercial agreements and contracts.
Prior to joining Lawson Lundell, Amaan started his legal career as a student and associate in the Toronto office of one of Canada’s leading national firms where he developed a transaction-oriented practice with an initial focus on syndicated lending, asset based lending and P3 projects; while also gaining valuable experience in a wider variety of practice areas including financial services, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, restructuring and securities.
Recognition and Ranking
- Dean’s Bronze Scholar, Queen’s School of Law (2009)
- Queen’s Business Law Clinic Founding Member, Queen’s School of Law (2008)
- Samworth Advocacy Scholarship, Queen’s School of Law (2008)
- Professional Excellence Award, Queen’s School of Law (2008)
- First Place Applicant Team Argument, Niagara International Moot Court Competition (2008)
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Hoop-Law Society, Executive Committee Member
- Vancouver Chapter of The Young Entrepreneurs (TYE), Volunteer
- British Columbia (2011)
- Ontario (2010)
- Queen’s University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Simon Fraser University (B.A., 2006)
Assisted and coordinated the completion of:
- Debt financing transactions ranging in size from $5 million to $600 million;
- P3 transactions from bid submission to financial close in transactions in excess of $500 million; and
- M&A transactions ranging in size from $4 million to $100 million.
Recent experience includes:
- Assisted in advising the British Columbia Ministry of transportation and infrastructure in connection with the closing of an advanced light rail transit project valued at $1.4 billion.
- Reviewed and drafted limited partnership agreement, trust declarations, offering memoranda and other ancillary documents in the formation of real estate investment trusts.
- Reviewed and drafted various commercial agreements including shareholders agreements, stock option agreements, leases and confidentiality agreements.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining publishes Lawson Lundell's article on "Wearables in the Mining Sector: Balancing Potential Benefits and Privacy Considerations"(September 22, 2016)
- (February 8, 2016),Interview
- (May 22, 2015)
- (January 15, 2015),Amaan Gangji
- Amaan Gangi's article on CASL provisions impacting the installation of computer programs published on Techvibes(January 15, 2015)
- "Advising BC Businesses", Chapter 6 - Due Diligence,The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia(2012),Author
- "Desire Lacking Reality: Examining the Role of Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Protection within the Corporate Legal Structure",Hong Kong Journal of Legal Studies(2009),Author