Recognitions / Rankings
- Chambers Global 2017 recognizes Lawson Lundell for Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional)
- Legal 500 Canada 2017 recommends Lawson Lundell and our lawyers in Energy (Oil and gas)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 recognizes Lawson Lundell as a leading firm in Energy (Electricity and Oil & Gas).
- Legal 500 Canada 2015 ranks Lawson Lundell as a leading firm in Energy (oil and gas).
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2015 recognizes Lawson Lundell as a leading firm in Energy (Electricity and Oil & Gas).
Oil and Gas
Lawson Lundell has an extensive oil and gas practice. Lead by a team of energy lawyers in our Calgary office, we provide advice on major and junior producers as counsel on exploration, acquisition/disposition and production of conventional oil and gas, oil sands, shale gas as well as transportation of oil, gas and LNG. Our energy group draws on the expertise of our well established regulatory, environmental, aboriginal, M&A, tax, public markets, construction and labour and employment practices.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
Lawson Lundell lawyers are experienced in all matters relating to oil and gas transactions. We act as counsel in the context of all sizes of asset transactions acting for both vendors and purchasers. Our services include:
- Drafting and negotiation of letters of intent, general conveyances and purchase and sale agreements pertaining to oil and gas assets and facilities
- Drafting and negotiation of oil and gas asset divestiture, co-ownership and earning arrangements
- Structuring and implementation of corporate, joint venture and partnership re-organizations
- Due diligence review of title to petroleum and natural gas assets to identify, assess and rectify deficiencies on behalf of both vendors and purchasers
- Preparation and circulation of a variety of ancillary conveyance and closing documents in connection with matters of all sizes including co-ordination of major conveyancing projects and distribution of rights of first refusal
Lawson Lundell lawyers take pride in being seen as the landman's best legal resource on day to day operational issues. Our services include:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing various energy related agreements including operating, earning, pooling, production allocation and royalty agreements
- Reviewing oil and gas operating agreements and related operational issues to negotiate and resolve issues among co-owners
- Oil and gas rights verification including title, historical title and pre-drilling opinions
- Design and implementation of freehold lease and agreement maintenance and compliance programs
- Drafting and negotiating of construction, ownership and operation agreements and hydrocarbon processing and transportation agreements
- Management and resolution of oil and gas operational issues and disputes
|Lalach, Jonathan (Jay)||403.218.7539|