Recognitions / Rankings
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2016-18 recognizes our lawyers for Corporate Governance Practice.
Lawson Lundell’s Corporate Governance Group advises clients on a broad range of corporate governance matters. We have extensive experience advising boards of directors, board committees, individual directors and senior management. We are retained by public and private companies as well as Crown corporations and other public sector organizations to assist with their governance processes. Our experienced lawyers use their expertise and knowledge to provide insightful and practical advice to deal with complex legal issues and to support effective corporate governance processes. We provide advice on best practices taking into account the specific contexts of our clients.
We provide advice on corporate governance matters relating to:
- Board structure and composition
- Fiduciary duties
- Disclosure obligations
- Conflicts of interest
- Codes of conduct and whistle blowing policies
- Board committees, including audit and compensation
- Special committees of independent directors
- Corporate transactions, including related party transactions, going private transactions and take-over bids
- Shareholder litigation
|Andreone, QC, Rita||604.631.9205|