Recognitions / Rankings
- Chambers Canada 2016 recognizes Lawson Lundell in the Corporate/Commercial (British Columbia) category.
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2016 recognizes our lawyers for Corporate law.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2015 recommends Lawson Lundell for Commercial law.
Lexpert Directory 2015 recognizes Lawson Lundell as a leading firm in for Corporate Commercial Law.
Day-to-day business operations depend on effective contracts, adequate systems for management of legal risk and compliance with multiple regulatory requirements. Lawson Lundell’s Commercial Law Group identifies the potential risks clients face and helps them address them appropriately. We look at the big picture and give advice that is focused to the client’s particular situation and on solving their problems.
We work closely with large and small businesses based in B.C. (public and owner-operated) and branch plants of domestic and global companies. We have strong regional knowledge of western and northern Canada and know our local markets and industry stakeholders.
Clients benefit from:
- Relationship – Our experience proves that personal relationships foster regular communication, a better understanding of the client’s business and aims, and a sense of trust.
- Responsiveness – Clients receive prompt service, straightforward advice, and solutions that suit their particular situation, based on their unique risks and opportunities.
- Cost-effective service – Our preventative approach and efficient work style protect the client’s bottom line.
We advise businesses across a range of regional, national and international economic sectors, including communications, construction, distribution, energy, finance, franchising, manufacturing, media and entertainment, natural resources, professional services, retailing, technology, and transportation.
Our commercial law services include:
- Entity formation, including shareholder and partnership agreements
- Customer, supplier, distributor and franchise arrangements
- Financing arrangements
- Transportation arrangements
- Management arrangements
- Dispute resolution